Borroloola Food and Wine Directory
Do you like the Hospitality in Borroloola?
Borroloola Food and Wine
If you're looking for a taste of the Northern Territory, Borroloola has a handful of dining options to choose from.
- The Borroloola Inn: This restaurant serves up classic pub grub, such as burgers, steaks, and fish and chips. It's a no-frills kind of place, but the food is hearty and reasonably priced.
- Karumba Lodge: This restaurant is part of a small motel, and it offers a slightly more upscale dining experience. The menu features fresh seafood and other regional specialties, and the ambiance is cozy and welcoming.
- Black Rock Restaurant: Located about 45 minutes outside of Borroloola, this restaurant is worth the trip for its stunning views of the Gulf of Carpentaria. The menu features a mix of international and regional cuisine.
Pubs and Bars
- The Carpentaria Lodge: This pub is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike to grab a beer and catch up on the latest news. The menu features pub classics like schnitzel and chips, and there's often live music on weekends.
- The Post Office Hotel: Despite its name, this establishment is actually a pub. It's one of the oldest buildings in Borroloola, and it has a cozy, old-world charm. The menu is mostly standard pub grub, but the beer is cold and the atmosphere is friendly.
- The Sports and Social Club: This is the place to go if you want to catch the latest rugby or cricket match. The pub has a big-screen TV and a range of drinks on tap.
Cafes and Take Away
- Mickey's Cafe: This cafe is a popular spot for breakfast and lunch. The menu features sandwiches, wraps, and baked goods, and the coffee is excellent. It's a good spot to refill if you're gearing up for a day of exploring the surrounding landscape.
- The Borroloola Store: If you're in a rush and need something quick to eat, this convenience store has a range of snacks and take-away food options. The menu features burgers, hot dogs, and other fast-food staples.
Overall, the food and wine scene in Borroloola is pretty laid-back, but there are some great options for those looking to get a taste of the region. Whether you're in the mood for pub grub or something a bit fancier, there's something here to satisfy your appetite.
Borroloola Food and Wine Articles